What is a Whole Food Plant-Based Diet?
It’s a diet comprised of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts, and seeds. It avoids processed foods (like white flour, sugar, and oil) and animal products (meat, dairy, eggs, and fish). We recommend getting as close to this diet as possible because:
- It’s one of the quickest and most effective ways to improve health
- It’s the only diet proven to prevent & reverse heart disease- our nation’s #1 killer
- It’s three times more effective at reducing sugar levels in diabetics than the American Diabetes Association diet
- It’s been shown to increase your body’s natural ability to fight cancer
- If you struggle with weight problems, you’ll be able to reach a healthy weight without going hungry
- The health benefits are incremental- as you increase the percentage of calories you get from whole plants, you’ll receive more health benefits